Thursday 5 December 2013

Thing 18 (12+ Things and counting)

Overall I feel that this has been a great exercise, I wish I had had more time for it, and although I promise myself to complete, I doubt I will without the kindly prompting from the 19Things team. So thank you all for a well run and fun learning opportunity.

I see it's a month since my last post. That's because I lost my blog through changing emails and have spent quite a bit of time finding it (and many other missing tools).

The good news is that I made excellent use of the protopage and have made it part of my working life. It was a great help in transporting valued links and useful resources between jobs. It's a fully portable way to save favourites and I find all the treasure trove discovered while doing something more important can easily be stored for later consideration in sticky notes. This has been a great resource.

I really like the MyLibrary page and thought the feeds and saved searches were great but I still haven't received any alerts. This may be a consequence of changing locations and emails but I feel I haven't seen the full functionality yet.

Pubmed search was a good refresher - it seems to have changed every time I look at it!

Can I count a quick look at Mendeley and Zotero for thing 17? I need to spend more time to get to grips with them and don't really think I qualify

I haven't looked at 14 and 15

Thing 13 - Library Thing I know I set this up (probably twice) before, was quite impressed and then went away and forgot about it. Problem was probably that I didn't find a work use for it and tend to go with Amazon wish list for personal use.

Blogging doesn't come naturally but it is a good way to reflect and will be part of working life so it was a good opportunity to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment